This collection of letters conveys timeless tales of love and passion written by some of the most interesting male figures in history, including revolutionary thinkers, visionary painters, and enlightened writers. Even dark minds like Edgar Allan Poe experience love, and each letter reveals personal desires, intimate details, and intense emotions. Although similar anthologies have previously been published, never before have great love letters been available in audio form. Perfect for those moments when you are crying too hard to read.
Love Everlasting also provides the background behind the author and recipient, illuminating the love story behind each epistolary gem. Examples include:
• Victor Hugo to Adèle Foucher.
Paris, France, 1821
• Edgar Allan Poe to Sarah Helen Whitman.
Bronx, New York, October 21, 1848
• Woodrow Wilson to Edith Bolling Galt.
The White House, Washington, D.C., September 19, 1915
• Napoleon Bonaparte to Josephine de Beauharnais.
Paris, France, December, 1795
• Honore de Balzac to Evelina Hanska.
Paris, France, June 19, 1836
• John Keats to Fanny Brawne.
Hampstead, England, October 13, 1819
• Leo Tolstoy to Valeria Arsenev.
Saint Petersburg, Russia, November 2, 1856
• Jack London to Anna Strunsky.
Oakland, California, April 3, 1901 Ludwig Van Beethoven to Antonie von
Teplitz, Bohemia, July 7, 1812
• Johann Wolfgang von Goethe to Charlotte von Stein.
Weimar, Germany, June 17, 1784