The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $9.68
as of 12/20/2013 06:46 EST details
- You Save: $7.31 (43%)
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Seller:DailyDeal USA
- Sales Rank:2,464,041
- Format:Bargain Price
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):8 x 5.3 x 0.5
- Publication Date:January 1, 2006
What makes an effective executive?
The measure of the executive, Peter F. Drucker reminds us, is the ability to "get the right things done." This usually involves doing what other people have overlooked as well as avoiding what is unproductive. Intelligence, imagination, and knowledge may all be wasted in an executive job without the acquired habits of mind that mold them into results.
Drucker identifies five practices essential to business effectiveness that can, and must, be learned:
- Managing time
- Choosing what to contribute to the organization
- Knowing where and how to mobilize strength for best effect
- Setting the right priorities
- Knitting all of them together with effective decision-making
Ranging widely through the annals of business and government, Peter F. Drucker demonstrates the distinctive skill of the executive and offers fresh insights into old and seemingly obvious business situations.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.