Not just a recipe book, Betty Crocker Baking Basics is a one-stop beginner's guide for new bakers, with friendly easy-to-follow directions, 360 photos, features and lots of tips designed to make baking feel easy and fun.
* BC Baking Basics is the companion title to Betty Crocker Cooking Basics 2e, which will be release in Fall 08, with the same lay-flat wiro format and price point.
* The titles features 90 simple and popular baked goods, including Lemon Bars, Peanut Butter Cookies, Tres Leches Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes, Fresh Apple Pie, Three-Berry Tart, Banana Bread, Cornbread, Almond-Poppy Seed Muffins, Pizza Dough, Four-Grain Batter Bread, Strawberry Shortcake, Hot Fudge Sundae Cake, Fresh Peach Cobbler, Molten Chocolate Cake, Best-Ever Lemon Meringue Pie, and Creme Brulee.
* Design and voice appeals to today's young bakers: Up-to-date information and photos cover contemporary topics like the best equipment to buy (as well as a "wish list" for people who want to buy a few special tools). Features like "What Went Wrong" maintain a casual approach to baking designer to appeal to new bakers looking more to bake as a fun activity to enjoy with friends or with your kids. The conversational tone will sound more like a sister or a friend rather than Mom.
* 360 color photos include 90 beauty shots and 270 how-to and ID shots. Every recipe will have a finished photo and a how-to shot.
* Special baking features employ how-to photos and tips to cover basics baking techniques such as frosting and decorating a cake, rolling out pie crust, and kneading and shaping bread dough.