- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.03
as of 9/18/2014 05:56 EDT details
- You Save: $10.96 (73%)
- Seller:Jo Jocz
- Sales Rank:15,517
- Format:Multiple Formats, Color, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Languages:English (Subtitled), French (Subtitled), English (Original Language)
- Running Time:84 Minutes
- Rating:R (Restricted)
- Aspect Ratio:1.33:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.4
- Dimensions (in):7.5 x 5.6 x 0.7
- Release Date:January 4, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Brand Name: Ingram Entertainment Mfg#: 896602002265
- Shipping Weight: 0.17 lbs
- Genre: DRAMA
- All music products are properly licensed and guaranteed authentic.
James Franco gives a career-defining performance as the young Allen Ginsberg-poet, counter-culture adventurer, and chronicler of the Beat Generation-in Howl, the audacious film from Academy Awardr-winning filmmakers Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman. Franco as Ginsberg recounts the road trips, love affairs, and search for personal liberation that led to the most timeless, electrifying, and controversial work of his career: Howl. Pushing the limits and challenging the mainstream, the passionate and provocative Howl and its publisher found themselves on trial for obscenity, with prosecutor Ralph McIntosh (David Strathairn) setting out to have the book banned, while defense attorney Jake Ehrlich (Jon Hamm) fervently argues for freedom of speech and creative expression. The proceedings veer from the comically absurd to the passionate as a host of unusual witnesses (Jeff Daniels, Mary-Louise Parker, Treat Williams, Alessandro Nivola) pit generation against generation and art against fear in front of conservative Judge Clayton Horn (Bob Balaban).
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.