Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Camu Camu Powder, 3-Ounce Pouches
- List Price:
- Buy New: $14.55
as of 12/13/2013 01:32 EST details
- You Save: $7.44 (34%)
- Sales Rank:945
- Number Of Items:1
- Size:3 oz
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):7 x 5 x 1
- Legal Disclaimer:This information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always seek the advice of your qualified physician or other health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay in seeking medical advice.
- Publication Date:January 25, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- 100% certified organic, kosher, non-GMO, certified gluten-free, vegan and raw
- The camu berry is one of the world's most abundant sources of vitamin C
- Camu also contains a broad range of other important nutrients including antioxidants, amino acids, beta-carotene and potassium
- This fine, red-orange powder has a tart tropical fruit flavor that blends well in smoothies, juices, salad dressings and desserts
- Food for the Modern Life
Camu camu is a low-growing shrub found throughout the river corridors of the Amazon rainforest of Peru and Brazil. The camu berry is one of the world's most abundant sources of vitamin C. The superfruit can provide as much as 60 times more C per serving than an orange! The superfruit also contains a broad range of other important nutrients including antioxidants, amino acids, beta-carotene and potassium. The small red fruits, which look like tiny apples, are sustainably hand-harvested by family farmers that expertly navigate their shallow canoes in the swampy habitat in which camu shrubs thrive. To make Navitas Naturals Camu Powder, the seeds are removed from the berries and then they are milled at low temperatures into a fine soluble powder. Many people in Peru enjoy camu-flavored ice cream, sweets and beverages. Navitas Naturals Camu Powder is a red-orange powder with a tart berry flavor. Camu purists enjoy a simple “camu punch” by stirring a spoonful of the easily dissolvable powder into a glass of water and adding a touch of natural sweetener. Camu powder also provides a tasty superfruit boost to juices, smoothies and yogurt.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.