Pathways to the Supreme: The Personal Notebook of Bede Griffiths, & In Praise of the Golden Eye of Heaven (2 Book Gift Set) (Spiritual Journey Collection)
- Sales Rank:5,831,937
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):6.5 x 4.5 x 0.9
- Publication Date:2000
- Gift set includes 2 books for your spiritual journey
- "Pathways to the Supreme", journal entries by monk and interfaith guru Bede Griffiths
- "In Praise of the Golden Eye of Heaven", a collection of spiritual mythology and literature about the Sun
- Features quotes and writings by Walt Whitman, Thoreau, Copernicus, Dylan Thomas, Rumi, St. Francis of Assisi, Emily Dickenson, and more
- Also includes selections from Rig Vedas, Upanishads, Amatrasu (Shinto), Wunekau Tribe of New Guinea, Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian texts, and more
[2 Book Gift Set] "Pathways to the Supreme", the last text left by the celebrated monk and spiritualist Bede Griffiths (1906-1993). It brings together two personal journals (spanning more than 50 years of thoughts and transcriptions), and also includes 5 sections of passages of spiritual writings which deeply influenced him. "In the Golden Eye of the Sun" includes two sections. The first section is about 70 pages, which includes about 100 different poems and prose from different wisdom traditions and authors, including Rumi, Thoreau, the Upanishads, the Bible, and many more. The second section includes an appendix of 75 sun deities from a wide variety of religious traditions.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.