In 1742, Edmond Hoyle published the definitive book on the popular game of his day, whist. Games evolve with time, just as whist gave rise to contract bridge. However, more than 250 years later, Hoyle’s is still the definitive name when it comes to the rules of the game—whether it’s bridge, backgammon, Scrabble® or Blackjack. The game player’s basic reference, this handy guide has now been updated and expanded and includes rules, strategies, and odds for over 250 games, from including such favorites as: * Scrabble® * Canasta * Contract Bridge
* Gin Rummy * Chess * Backgammon
* Solitaire games: Nestor, Pounce, Pyramid, and Russian Bank
* Poker variations: Anaconda, Blind Tiger, and Hold ’em
* Children’s games: Beggar-your-neighbor, Memory, and Slapjack
* Computer games: Minesweeper and Freecell
* And more Learn how to play, sharpen your strategy, and settle disputes—with this newest edition of the classic reference guide.