THORNE RESEARCH - Medibulk - 8oz [Health and Beauty]
- List Price:
- Buy New: $16.25
as of 1/25/2015 21:07 EST details
- You Save: $1.60 (9%)
- Seller:Holistic Pet Info
- Sales Rank:2,165
- Media:Health and Beauty
- Size:8 oz.
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.1
- Dimensions (in):3.8 x 3.7 x 3.6
- Legal Disclaimer:This is a statement of nutritional support. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- In a convenient powder for ease of mixing
- Enhances short-chain fatty acids to promote a healthy GI tract*
- Helps maintain already normal cholesterol and blood sugar levels*
- A good source of soluble and insoluble fiber
- Soluble fiber supports the metabolism of cholesterol and maintaining already healthy blood sugar levels*
Colonic bacteria utilize soluble fiber and other undigested carbohydrates as food and subsequently create short-chain fatty acids, which are used by the colonic mucosal cells as fuel. In turn, the short-chain fatty acids liberated by these bacteria can lower colonic pH and shorten transit time in the gastrointestinal tract, which enhances detoxification and reduces the toxic burden on the liver.* Medibulk contains psyllium, pectin, and prune powder as sources of soluble fiber.Anaerobic fermentation of the soluble non-starch polysaccharides in psyllium results in the production of important short-chain fatty acids in the intestines.* One of these fatty acids, butyric acid, is the preferred fuel for colonocytes (mucosal cells of the colon) and provides important support for a healthy colon.* In one study, subjects supplemented with 20 grams of psyllium seed daily for three months exhibited an average increase of butyric acid production of 42 percent, which decreased to pretreatment levels within two months of stopping supplementation.Soluble fiber also has a positive impact in supporting the metabolism of cholesterol and maintaining already healthy blood sugar levels.* Other indications for supplementing with Medibulk include occasional constipation or diarrhea, the need for colon detoxification, soothing of hemorrhoids, and appetite control.*Prior to embarking on a detoxification program it is important to achieve optimal bowel function. Medibulk can speed transit time in the bowel and bind toxins released into the intestines from the liver, preventing their reabsorption.* *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.