Learning How to Learn: Tools for Schools (Improving Practice (TLRP))
- Sales Rank:1,359,689
- Format:Kindle eBook
- Language:English (Published)
- Media:Kindle Edition
- Publication Date:October 13, 2006
Learning how to learn is an essential preparation for lifelong learning. This book offers a set of in-service resources to help teachers develop new classroom practices informed by sound research. It builds on previous work associated with ‘formative assessment’ or ‘assessment for learning’. However, it adds an important new dimension by taking account of the conditions within schools that are conducive to the promotion, in classrooms, of learning how to learn as an extension of assessment for learning. Among the materials included you will find:
- an introductory in-service session
- self-evaluation questionnaires
- an action planning activity
- tools for school development
- a network mapping activity
- guidance about different ways of using the resources
- teachers descriptions of ways they have used of adapted them
- references to further information and advice.
In addition, there is a support website and examples of how individual schools have used or adapted these materials to maximize their benefits.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.