CliffsNotes on Crane's The Red Badge of Courage
- Buy New: $1.00
as of 5/22/2013 21:30 EDT details
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Format:Amazon Upgrade
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):8.3 x 5.3 x 0.3
- Publication Date:June 13, 2000
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
Stephen Crane wrote the first draft of The Red Badge of Courage in only ten days. This CliffsNotes supplement carries you along as the story of a young boy named Henry Fleming faces his first battle — not only in war but with his own fear, pride, and cowardice — unfolds. It still remains as one of the best novels about the American Civil War.
This study guide carefully walks you through every step of Henry’s ordeal by providing summaries and critical analyses of each chapter of the novel. You'll also explore the life and background of the author and gain insight into how he came to write The Red Badge of Courage. Other features that help you study include
- A character map to highlight the relationships between characters
- Glossaries after each chapter to define new and unfamiliar terms
- Critical essays covering topics like figurative language and the structure of the novel
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center with books and Web sites for more study
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.