Fashion: Rei Kawakubo
- List Price:
- Buy New: $25.00
as of 3/9/2014 20:58 EDT details
- You Save: $14.99 (37%)
- Seller:Les Freres Durand Booksellers
- Sales Rank:175,280
- Languages:French (Unknown), French (Original Language), Spanish (Original Language), German (Original Language), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4.5
- Dimensions (in):16.6 x 11.9 x 0.8
- Publication Date:December 30, 2012
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Used Book in Good Condition
The history and the art of Kawakubo's brand
Rei Kawakubo, the enigmatic head of innovative Japanese fashion house Comme des Garçons, has a special vision which extends beyond clothing to furniture, architecture, and graphic design, always defying conventional thinking. i-D examines Rei’s complex and conceptual world, digging through the magazines archive and re-visiting interviews which explore how the fashion house continues to challenge the Western ideals of body shape and garment construction. Breaking the conventional rules, Kawakubo continues to push boundaries, perfectly marrying fashion with art in the most unexpected of ways.
Packed into 120 pages is biographical and personal information as well as imagery from photographers including Paolo Roversi, David Bailey, and Emma Summerton, plus interviews with Jamie Huckbody, Josh Sims, and Terry Jones.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.