Stieglitz: Camera Work (German, English and French Edition)
- Buy New: $27.80
as of 9/21/2014 00:22 EDT details
- Seller:-Daily Deals-
- Sales Rank:820,664
- Languages:English (Unknown), German (Original Language), English (Original Language), French (Original Language), German (Published), English (Published), French (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.8
- Dimensions (in):7.7 x 1.7 x 5.5
- Publication Date:August 1, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Photographer, writer, publisher, and curator Alfred Stieglitz (1864-1946) was a visionary, far ahead of his time. Around the turn of the 20th century he founded the Photo-Secession, a progressive movement concerned with advancing the creative possibilities of photography, and by 1903 began publishing "Camera Work", an avant-garde magazine devoted to voicing the ideas, both in images and words, of the Photo-Secession. "Camera Work" was the first photo journal whose focus was visual, rather than technical, and its illustrations were of the highest quality hand-pulled photogravure printed on Japanese tissue. This book brings together a broad selection from the journal's 50 issues.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.