Jamali - Kamali
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.95
as of 3/16/2014 03:20 EDT details
- You Save: $19.05 (76%)
- Sales Rank:2,939,588
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 5.5 x 8.3
- Publication Date:June 16, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Just off busy Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road in Delhi, India, the 16th century Sufi court poet Jamali is buried in a tomb next to Kamali, whom helpful guides say, according to oral tradition, was the poet's lover. Little about them is known. Karen Chase reconstructs the expressions of love and longing between the two, who according to Delhi's oral tradition were homosexual lovers.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.