Embedded Formative Assessment
- Sales Rank:3,701,111
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Library Binding
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.4
- Dimensions (in):0.7 x 7 x 10.2
- Publication Date:July 15, 2011
If we are to maintain our status as one of the world's leading economies and secure our economic futures, and if we want our students to thrive in the impossibly complex, unpredictable world of the 21st century, we must concentrate on increasing educational achievement by increasing the quality of the teachers in our schools. The author faces this challenge head-on by making a case for the important role of formative assessment in increasing teacher quality and student learning.
Formative assessment plays an important role in increasing teacher quality and student learning when it's viewed as a process rather than a tool. Emphasizing the instructional side of formative assessment, this book explores in-depth the use of classroom questioning, learning intentions and success criteria, feedback, collaborative and cooperative learning, and self-regulated learning to engineer effective learning environments for students.
* Presents five key strategies with research evidence to show the impact of each
* Includes over 50 practical techniques for classroom formative assessment
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.