Classroom Discussions In Math: A Teacher's Guide for Using Talk Moves to Support the Common Core and More, Grades K-6: A Multimedia Professional Learning Resource, 3rd Edition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $50.96
as of 4/16/2014 18:53 EDT details
- You Save: $20.99 (29%)
- Sales Rank:42,304
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:3 Pap/Cdr
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2
- Dimensions (in):9.1 x 7.3 x 1.1
- Publication Date:June 22, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Classroom Discussions in Math: A Teacher’s Guide for Using Talk Moves to Support the Common Core and Moreoffers an award-winning, unparalleled look at the significant role that classroom discussions can play in teaching mathematics and deepening students' mathematical understanding and learning. Based on a four-year research project funded by the U.S. Department of Education, this resource is divided into three sections:
- Section I: Getting Started: Mathematics Learning with Classroom Discussions
- Section II: The Mathematics: What Do We Talk About?
- Section III: Implementing Classroom Discussions
This multimedia third edition continues to emphasize the talk moves and tools that teachers can use to facilitate whole-class discussions that deepen students’ mathematical understanding.
New to This Edition
- 46 video clips from every grade, kindergarten through sixth, show students and teachers engaged in successful classroom discussions. Some video clips are new to Classroom Discussions in Math; others are all-time favorites selected from Classroom Discussions in Math: A Facilitator's Guide to Support Professional Learning of Discourse and the Common Core
- support for teaching with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Try This Lesson sections offer specific mathematics problems, questions, and more than twenty lesson plans ready for immediate use in the classroom (downloads provided upon purchasing this resource)
- Math Talk Tips highlight strategies for using specific talk moves, tools, and formats to develop students' mathematical learning
The accompanying DVD organizes forty-six video clips by chapter and by grade level for viewing convenience. The clips range from one to nine minutes in length with a total viewing time of approximately two hours and twenty-six minutes.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.