Bioinformatics: Methods Express
- List Price:
- Buy New: $21.33
as of 7/28/2014 15:05 EDT details
- You Save: $53.67 (72%)
- Sales Rank:2,186,652
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:1st Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Publication Date:September 18, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Bioinformatics: Methods Express is unique. It is a book on bioinformatics that makes sense to non-bioinformaticians.
Bioinformatics: Methods Express helps you answer common questions such as:
- what else is similar to my gene?
- does this protein have any transmembrane regions?
- how do I visualize an alignment between these DNAs?
- where can I find specific transcription factor sequences?
The book provides the clear advice and explicit protocols that non-bioinformaticians need in order to understand what to do - and how to avoid common pitfalls. Each chapter guides you through the major databases and tools with worked examples - all accompanied by sample data files available online. Topics covered include:
- data access
- sequence searches and alignments
- identification and annotation of features
- the transcriptome
- protein structure and function
- comparisons and phylogeny
Bioinformatics: Methods Express is a comprehensive manual for all wet-bench scientists who need to use bioinformatics - from postgraduate student to principal investigator.
www.scionpublishing.com/bioinformatics contains comprehensive datasets which allow the reader to practise the techniques described in the book.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.