Great Possessions : An Amish Farmer's Journal
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.23
as of 11/28/2014 02:19 EST details
- You Save: $6.72 (37%)
- Seller:Best of the Best Books :)
- Sales Rank:625,773
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):8.3 x 5.3 x 0.8
- Publication Date:September 1, 2001
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Organized in four sections corresponding to the seasons, this account by an Amish farmer of his life in Southern Ohio, celebrates his daily labours, his family and, most importantly, the flora and fauna of his 70 acre farm. He works his land with horses and without electricity. He describes the proper preparation of Sassafras tea, maple sugaring in late winter, chopping firewood in autumn and rejoices in the vast diversity of the birds.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.