A Woman's World: True Life Stories of World Travel
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.97
as of 2/28/2015 01:57 EST details
- You Save: $12.98 (68%)
- Sales Rank:1,578,095
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:2 Sub
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1
- Dimensions (in):1 x 5 x 8.3
- Publication Date:March 1, 2003
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
For generations the bulk of worldwide travelers were men, but today women are taking the lead, venturing out on their own or with others, making connections, spreading goodwill, confronting challenges. More and more it’s a woman’s world, and this collection of stories by 50 women is inspiring, enlightening, and entertaining. It will move you out of your armchair, take you along paths of memory, and fill you with the spirit of adventure.
- Join Pam Houston as she weathers depression and a blizzard camping in the mountains of Utah
- Ride on the hormone rollercoaster of menopause on a jungle river trip in Borneo with Tracy Johnston
- Experience a spiritual awakening with Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D., at Chartres Cathedral in France
- Ride across the steppes of Mongolia on a horse with no name with Lynn Ferrin
- Shoot the rapids of the Grand Canyon with grandmother Ruth Bond as she fulfills a lifelong dream
- Laugh with Carole Chelsea George as she finds she is worth ten buffalo cows in Pakistan for her hand in marriage
- Marvel with Mary Beth Simmons at the vibrant community of women who meet every day at the well in Cameroon
This book brings together more than fifty contemporary voices: women like Pam Houston, Gretel Ehrlich, Barbara Grizzuti Harrison, and Robyn Davidson tell their wide-ranging tales and share their humor and courage.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.