It should have been a quiet weekend in London - a long overdue visit with the only true friend American genealogist Jefferson Tayte ever had. Now his friend lies bleeding in his arms and Tayte must follow his research to understand why, making him the target of a ruthless, politically motivated killer.
Working with historian Professor Jean Summer and New Scotland Yard on what becomes a matter of British national security, Tayte soon finds himself in a race to solve a three-hundred-year-old genealogical puzzle. It takes them all on a deadly, high stakes chase across London as Tayte tries to connect the pieces and work out the motive behind a series of killings that spans twenty years.
In what is Tayte's most personal assignment to date, The Last Queen of England combines historic fact with fiction, challenging British history as we understand it. It uncovers a conspiracy that if proved could ultimately threaten an institution that has lasted more than a thousand years: the British monarchy.
Nullius in Verba
: take no one's word for it.
The Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Crime Mysteries. What secrets are in your family history?
REVIEW - from the worldwide Amazon community.
- One of the best writers to appear on the scene of late. Dr. William H. Stephens, retired editor 18th Feb 2013
- Steve Robinson just gets better and better ... Compares favourably with the Da Vinci Code. B R Blair 29th Dec 2012
- This book is brilliant. Was reading till the early hours till I got it finished. Steve Lawton 29 Dec 2012
- I have really enjoyed all three books and the storyline in this latest is intriguing and exciting. Victor E Davies 27 Dec 2012
- As an Anglophile & lover of stories royal this book makes history's facts & fiction truly blend. Diantha Pomfret 27 Dec 2012
- There were quite a few 'heart-stopping' moments to keep THIS reader on the edge of my seat. G A Chesney-Green 25 Dec 2012
- The high quality of Steve Robinson's writing and his skill of story telling puts him at the top of the bestseller list for me. Mrs A Hemsworth 22 Dec 2012
- Another two days of nose buried in my kindle while I raced through this wonderful book. Lesley Anne Whitfield 19 Dec 2012
- It captures the reader and cleverly intertwines three genres, history, mystery and thriller into the plot. Carol 17 Dec 2012
- I have read a lot of mysteries and Steve Robinson's Jefferson Tayte series is up there with the best of them. George R 12 Dec 2012
- If you want an exciting new series to read I recommend you get in on the compelling stories by Steve Robinson. Scrapper 11 Dec 2012
- I sometimes felt as breathless as our unlikely hero, genealogist Jefferson Tayte, as the story unwound. Richard C Marett 8 Dec 2012
- Attention to detail and the amount of research that has gone into this book is extraordinary. Jo 3 Dec 2012
- Robinson keeps the excitement high in this story so you never leave the edge of your seat. Judder 29 Nov 2012.'... The pace of the story had me gripped right to the end.'
OTHER BOOKS BY STEVE ROBINSONIn the Blood
(Jefferson Tayte #1 - June 2011) - One of Amazon UK's 'Best Books of 2011'To the Grave
(Jefferson Tayte #2 - June 2012) - Awarded Your Family Tree magazine 'Seal of Approval'.
An Oak Tree 'Must Read' recommendation.
Selected by the Goodreads UK Amazon Kindle Forum as Book of the Month for February 2013.