Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own back yard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's New England's Best Trips, your passport to unique experiences that await you along New England's highways. Featuring 32 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can make coastal stops to climb historic lighthouses or drive through autumnal farmlands sipping fresh-pressed cider, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, cue up your driving playlist, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's New England's Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 46 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Massachusetts, Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Connecticut, Hartford, Rhode Island, Providence, Vermont, Montpelier, Lake Champlain, New Hampshire, Concord, Lake Winnipesaukee, Maine, Acadia, Augusta and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's New England's Best Trips is perfect for exploring New England in the classic American way-by road trip!
- Planning a trip to the region sans a car? Lonely Planet's New England guide, our most comprehensive guide to New England is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on Boston? Check out Lonely Planet's Boston guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides to Southwest USA, California, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips,' with excerpts from each guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland and our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Mara Vorhees, Amy C Balfour, Paula Hardy and Caroline Sieg.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.