Lone Wolf Terrorism: Understanding the Growing Threat
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.50
as of 12/12/2013 02:03 EST details
- You Save: $13.50 (52%)
- Seller:Mitchell's Group
- Sales Rank:157,499
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:1St Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):1.2 x 6.3 x 9.3
- Publication Date:February 19, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book is essential reading for anyone concerned about the potential terrorist threats from violence-prone individuals in our midst. A new era in terrorism is emerging and the lone wolf is at the forefront. From Anders Breivik in Norway, who murdered scores of young people in a bombing and mass-shooting attack, to Nidal Malik Hasan in the United States, who killed many of his fellow soldiers after opening fire at a military base, lone wolves have demonstrated that they can be as dangerous as organized terrorist groups. Who are these terrorists and what can be done about them?
An internationally renowned terrorism expert presents the first comprehensive treatment of this important issue. After delving into the diversity in motivations and backgrounds of lone-wolf terrorists, Simon makes the following key points about this growing threat:
• Lone wolves have proven to be more creative and dangerous than many terrorist groups.
• The Internet has provided the perfect breeding ground for isolated individuals with terrorist tendencies, but it may also prove to be their undoing.
• The common perception that nothing can be done about lone wolves is wrong. In fact, innovative strategies and policies can be developed to both prevent and respond to this type of terrorism.
• Few women are in this category, but this is likely to change in the coming years.
• Lone wolves are not just Islamist extremists, but can be found among all types of political and religious ideologies. Drawing on his more than twenty-five years of experience studying terrorism, Simon has produced an insightful book that is essential reading for anyone concerned about the potential terrorist threats from violence-prone individuals in our midst.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.