The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.46
as of 10/23/2014 14:44 EDT details
- You Save: $13.49 (71%)
- Seller:Alpha Books & More
- Sales Rank:57,474
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):8.7 x 7.7 x 0.8
- Publication Date:August 2, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The healthy vegan diet-made easy.
Vegans face their own special challenges when it comes to nutrition and this book provides answers. There are about one million vegans in the U.S. and about 50,000 new ones every year. A growing number of physicians advocate a completely plant-based diet for many of their patients who suffer from diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. In The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Plant-Based Nutrition, readers will find:
• Where to get nutrients that others get from meat and dairy.
• How to avoid the vegan pitfall of overfed but undernourished.
• How to spot hidden animal ingredients in packaged foods.
• Tips for eating at restaurants.
• Special considerations for children and seniors.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.