Tender Buttons: Objects, Food, Rooms
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.32
as of 12/6/2013 16:12 EST details
- You Save: $0.53 (11%)
- Sales Rank:935,928
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):0.1 x 5.9 x 8.9
- Publication Date:September 21, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Also Available In:
- Paperback - Tender Buttons: Objects, Food, Rooms
- Paperback - Tender Buttons: Objects Food Rooms
- Unknown Binding - Tender buttons : objects, food, rooms.
- Paperback - Tender buttons: objects, food, rooms
- Paperback - Tender Buttons: Objects, Food, Rooms (Large Print)
- Hardcover - Tender Buttons: Objects, Food, Rooms
2011 Reprint of 1914. "Tender Buttons" is the best known of Gertrude Stein's "hermetic" works. It is a small book separated into three sections - Food, Objects and Rooms each containing prose under subtitles. "Tender Buttons" is one of the great Modern experiments in verse. Simultaneously considered to be a masterpiece of verbal Cubism, a modernist triumph, a spectacular failure, a collection of confusing gibberish, and an intentional hoax, the book is perhaps more often written about than actually read. Divided into three sections-"Objects," "Food," and "Rooms"-the book contains a series of descriptions that defy conventional syntax.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.