Divinity School Address
- Buy New: $8.98
as of 2/27/2015 01:47 EST details
- Sales Rank:4,028,918
- Format:Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Media:Audio CD
- Number Of Items:1
- Running Time:3300 Minutes
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):5.4 x 6.4 x 0.7
- Publication Date:December 1, 2011
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
Divinity School Address was delivered by Emerson to the graduating class of Harvard Divinity School in Cambridge, Massachusetts on July 15, 1838. At the time, the Harvard community was strongly Unitarian, and Emerson's argument for a more transcendental view of God and faith was seen as radical, and touched off a great controversy. Prompted by his life experience, Emerson questioned the miracles of Jesus, argued for moral intuition over religious doctrine, and discussed the failures of historical Christianity.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.