Unschooling Rules: 55 Ways to Unlearn What We Know About Schools and Rediscover Education
- List Price:
- Buy New: $5.56
as of 12/22/2014 04:38 EST details
- You Save: $4.39 (44%)
- Sales Rank:319,707
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4200
- Dimensions (in):8 x 5.1 x 0.5
- Publication Date:February 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
The most powerful new ideas in education are coming from the families that have given up on schools. From his experience with homeschoolers and unschoolers, education guru Clark Aldrich distills a revolutionary manifesto of 55 core ''rules'' that reboots our vision of childhood education and the role of schools. The include:
● Learn to be; learn to do; learn to know.
● Tests don't work. Get over it. Move on.
● What a person learns in a classroom is how to be a person in a classroom.
● Animals are better than books about animals.
● Internships, apprenticeships, and interesting jobs beat term papers, textbooks, and tests.
● The only sustainable answer to the global education challenge is a diversity of approaches.
This accessible book provides you with a path forward, whether you're a parent or teacher, a school administrator, or a national policy decision maker.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.