I Wish I Knew That: Math: Cool Stuff You Need to Know
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.87
as of 7/25/2014 15:17 EDT details
- You Save: $5.12 (51%)
- Sales Rank:67,853
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):7.8 x 5.2 x 0.7
- Publication Date:May 10, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Math, so often a mystery to children, is simply explained in I Wish I Knew That Math.
With clear, commonsense explanations of mathematical concepts and fun and interesting applications, this book is a great way to increase your understanding of math. The concepts addressed include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Basic operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- The math behind money
- The connections between math and music
- Irrational numbers – Why did Pythagoras have one of his followers killed just for talking about the square root of 2?
- The value of zero
- Angles – from acute, all the way to reflexive
- Coordinates and the Cartesian plane
- Probability – What is the likelihood of being struck by lightning?
- Logic – induction, deduction and Sherlock Holmes
- Computers and algorithms
- Code breaking – from ancient Rome to super computers
With its readable style and engaging examples, I Wish I Knew That: Math
can give children a head start or a helping hand in their understanding of math. Even grownups could learn a thing or two that they may have forgotten or maybe things they never learned at all!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.