I Wish I Knew That: U.S. Presidents: Cool Stuff You Need To Know
- List Price:
- Buy New: $1.99
as of 4/18/2014 23:00 EDT details
- You Save: $8.00 (80%)
- Seller:BookOutlet USA
- Sales Rank:145,756
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Dimensions (in):7.8 x 5.1 x 0.7
- Publication Date:February 2, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Here is a look at the fascinating profiles of each of the 43 presidents, including the names of their pets! Sidebars are filled with fun and unusual information about our leaders-such as who appears on stamps and money-and "At a Glance" boxes provide birth date, political party, and other vital information, including that:
- Thomas Jefferson, our third president, spoke six languages, invented many things (the swivel chair and the pedometer, to name two), and designed and built not only Monticello (his rural home) but also the University of Virginia.
- Theodore Roosevelt, was one of the nation's great hunters, and the Smithsonian is filled with hundreds of specimens from his safari in Africa. He was also our first environmentalist president, setting aside nearly 200 million acres for national parks and wildlife refuges.
You'll also find a section on "The First Ladies"-short takes on all the presidents' wives. The book ends with a special feature that's just in time for the 2012 election: how a president gets elected. From the first presidential election to recent recounts, this chapter clearly explains to a young audience how we choose the next leader of our country.
Includes over 100 whimsical illustrations!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.