On the Duty of Civil Disobedience (An American Litary Classic)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $2.99
as of 12/26/2014 20:17 EST details
- You Save: $2.00 (40%)
- Seller:Dream Books Company
- Sales Rank:1,570,347
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.1
- Dimensions (in):5 x 0.1 x 8
- Publication Date:March 24, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Civil Disobedience argues that citizens should not permit their governments to overrule their consciences, and that they have a duty to avoid allowing their acquiescence to enable the government to make them the agents of injustice. Thoreau was motivated in part by his disgust with slavery and the Mexican-American War, but the sentiments he expresses here are just as pertinent today as when they were first written. A true American classic.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.