Tess of the d'Urbervilles: A Pure Woman
- List Price:
- Buy New: $9.53
as of 9/22/2014 11:34 EDT details
- You Save: $5.42 (36%)
- Sales Rank:2,569,004
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6 x 0.8
- Publication Date:June 3, 2014
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- ISBN13: 9781604442267
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Tess of the d'Urbervilles: A Pure Woman or just Tess is a novel by Thomas Hardy. It initially appeared in a censored and serialized version, published by the British illustrated newspaper, The Graphic. It is Hardy's penultimate novel, followed by Jude the Obscure. Though now considered a great classic of English literature, the book received mixed reviews when it first appeared, in part because it challenged the sexual mores of Hardy's day. The original manuscript is on display at the British Library showing the title had originally been "Daughter of the d'Urbervilles."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.