True wellness begins at the energetic level. As traditional healers have known for thousands of years—and as modern medicine is affirming today—we have a subtle energy field that is as important to our well-being as our physical body is. With Energy Healing, integrative physician Ann Marie Chiasson offers a complete guidebook of easy-to-use energy practices to enhance our health and vitality. Drawing from the material she teaches at Dr. Andrew Weil’s Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, Dr. Chiasson explores:
• Our subtle anatomy—understanding the chakras, meridians, and the key principles of energy medicine
• Self-diagnosis techniques for sensing the movement of energy in our bodies
• Practices for daily self-care and specific techniques to address energy blocks often seen in common illnesses and health issues
• Stories about how energy moves in and around us for healing— and why these stories themselves can enable us to heal
• Why our energy wanes as we age, and how we can replenish our vitality from sources in the world around us
Dr. Chiasson has studied the latest research on energy medicine and healing traditions from around the world, and through her experience in her own practice, she has selected techniques that are accessible, effective, and show great long-term benefit. With Energy Healing, she presents an indispensible guide for expanding our understanding of the energetic dimension of our well-being and essential tools to help us take charge of our own health.