The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy (Syngress Basics Series)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $26.01
as of 12/8/2013 04:08 EST details
- You Save: $3.94 (13%)
- Seller:Stork Group
- Sales Rank:71,260
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 7.3 x 9
- Publication Date:August 4, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing serves as an introduction to the steps required to complete a penetration test or perform an ethical hack. You learn how to properly utilize and interpret the results of modern day hacking tools; which are required to complete a penetration test. Tool coverage will include, Backtrack Linux, Google, Whois, Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Netcat, Netbus, and more. A simple and clean explanation of how to utilize these tools will allow you to gain a solid understanding of each of the four phases and prepare them to take on more in-depth texts and topics. This book includes the use of a single example (pen test target) all the way through the book which allows you to clearly see how the tools and phases relate.
- Named a 2011 Best Hacking and Pen Testing Book by InfoSec Reviews
- Each chapter contains hands-on examples and exercises that are designed to teach you how to interpret the results and utilize those results in later phases.
- Writen by an author who works in the field as a Penetration Tester and who teaches Offensive Security, Penetration Testing, and Ethical Hacking, and Exploitation classes at Dakota State University.
- Utilizes the Backtrack Linus distribution and focuses on the seminal tools required to complete a penetration test.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.