The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy (Syngress Basics Series)
- Buy New: $43.91
as of 12/28/2014 05:27 EST details
- Seller:Tarot Reader DM
- Sales Rank:291,122
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):7.5 x 0.4 x 9.3
- Publication Date:August 4, 2011
Shipping:Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Used Book in Good Condition
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing serves as an introduction to the steps required to complete a penetration test or perform an ethical hack. You learn how to properly utilize and interpret the results of modern day hacking tools; which are required to complete a penetration test. Tool coverage will include, Backtrack Linux, Google, Whois, Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Netcat, Netbus, and more. A simple and clean explanation of how to utilize these tools will allow you to gain a solid understanding of each of the four phases and prepare them to take on more in-depth texts and topics. This book includes the use of a single example (pen test target) all the way through the book which allows you to clearly see how the tools and phases relate.
- Named a 2011 Best Hacking and Pen Testing Book by InfoSec Reviews
- Each chapter contains hands-on examples and exercises that are designed to teach you how to interpret the results and utilize those results in later phases.
- Writen by an author who works in the field as a Penetration Tester and who teaches Offensive Security, Penetration Testing, and Ethical Hacking, and Exploitation classes at Dakota State University.
- Utilizes the Backtrack Linus distribution and focuses on the seminal tools required to complete a penetration test.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.