The Church, Our Story
- List Price:
- Buy New: $12.87
as of 4/20/2014 12:36 EDT details
- You Save: $13.08 (50%)
- Sales Rank:349,924
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.2
- Dimensions (in):11 x 8.6 x 0.7
- Publication Date:October 31, 2005
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
(© 2013) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course IV of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.The Church Our Story: Catholic Tradition, Mission, and Practice
provides students with a means for understanding some of the traditional definitions of the Catholic Church. While acknowledging the importance of the historical perspective, this course emphasizes the living Church that makes Christ present to the world today. The course is constructed around key definitions that help students to formulate an understanding of ecclesiology, such as the People of God, the Church as Servant, and the Church as Sacrament. Each definition has a historical component that traces its meaning through major periods of Church history, helping students understand how the Church reflects the light of Christ today.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.