Visual Language for Designers: Principles for Creating Graphics that People Understand
- List Price:
- Buy New: $16.81
as of 12/22/2013 02:38 EST details
- You Save: $13.19 (44%)
- Sales Rank:224,325
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.4
- Dimensions (in):0.7 x 9 x 10.8
- Publication Date:October 1, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Within every picture is a hidden language that conveys a message, whether it is intended or not. This language is based on the ways people perceive and process visual information. By understanding visual language as the interface between a graphic and a viewer, designers and illustrators can learn to inform with accuracy and power.
In a time of unprecedented competition for audience attention and with an increasing demand for complex graphics, Visual Language for Designers explains how to achieve quick and effective communications. It presents ways to design for the strengths of our innate mental capacities and to compensate for our cognitive limitations.
- How to organize graphics for quick perception
- How to direct the eyes to essential information
- How to use visual shorthand for efficient communication
- How to make abstract ideas concrete
- How to best express visual complexity
- How to charge a graphic with energy and emotion
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.