Vitamin C: The Real Story, the Remarkable and Controversial Healing Factor
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.49
as of 8/29/2014 12:07 EDT details
- You Save: $7.46 (39%)
- Sales Rank:228,513
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:1st Editon
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.6
- Dimensions (in):9 x 6.2 x 0.4
- Publication Date:November 15, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Research into vitamin C is progressing rapidly despite a lack of funding from conventional medicine into its clinical applications. Orthomolecular medicine, which uses nutrients in large doses to treat disease, is regarded as highly controversial by the medical establishment. This rejection of the orthomolecular approach has little basis in science and reflects a bias at the heart of the status quo.
This book tells the story of how the controversy about vitamin C has grown and continues while the increasing evidence demonstrates the value of the orthomolecular approach. The story of vitamin C is an exciting journey into the workings of science and medicine, the intrigues of political economic influences, and the evolutionary history of humankind. Someday, medicine without vitamin C therapy will be compared to childbirth without sanitation or surgery without anesthetic. In this book,
- You will see that mega doses of vitamin C have proven to be an effective antibiotic, a nontoxic anticancer agent, and also a treatment for heart disease.
- We explain the real reasons behind conventional medicine's rejection of vitamin C therapy.
- You'll meet the pioneers of vitamin C research, who often faced great resistance in their advocacy for the health benefits of this nutrient.
Vitamin C is a simple molecule with powerful effects. If you want to be healthy, you should take enough vitamin C. After reading this book, you will know why. . . and how much.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.