Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food--includes CD
- List Price:
- Buy New: $10.17
as of 12/20/2013 09:26 EST details
- You Save: $8.78 (46%)
- Seller:Forever Books & Media Inc.
- Sales Rank:39,285
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 6 x 9
- Publication Date:February 3, 2009
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The art of mindfulness can transform our struggles with food—and renew our sense of pleasure, appreciation, and satisfaction with eating. Drawing on recent research and integrating her experiences as a physician and meditation teacher, Dr. Jan Bays offers a wonderfully clear presentation of what mindfulness is and how it can help with food issues.
Mindful eating is an approach that involves bringing one's full attention to the process of eating—to all the tastes, smells, thoughts, and feelings that arise during a meal. Whether you are overweight, suffer from an eating disorder, or just want to get more out of life, this book offers a simple tool that can make a remarkable difference.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
• Tune into your body's own wisdom about what, when, and how much to eat
• Eat less while feeling fully satisfied
• Identify your habits and patterns with food
• Develop a more compassionate attitude toward your struggles with eating
• Discover what you're really hungry for
Mindful Eating also includes a 75-minute audio CD containing guided exercises led by the author.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.