Off the Road
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.57
as of 10/23/2014 16:03 EDT details
- You Save: $12.38 (73%)
- Sales Rank:608,994
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):8 x 5.5 x 1
- Publication Date:October 15, 2008
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9781590201046
- Condition: Used - Very Good
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Off the Road tells the intimate story of the legendary Neal Cassady and his remarkable friendships with Jack Kerouac (who immortalized Cassady as Dean Moriarty in On the Road) and Allen Ginsberg.
Written by the woman who loved them all--as wife of Cassady, lover of Kerouac, and friend of Ginsberg--this riveting and intimate memoir spans one of the most vital eras in twentieth-century literature and culture, including the explosive successes of Kerouac's On the Road and Ginsberg's Howl, the flowering of the Beat movement, and the social revolution of the 1960s. Carolyn Cassady reveals a side of Neal Cassady rarely seen-that of husband and father, a man who craved respectability, yet could not resist the thrills of a wilder and ultimately more destructive lifestyle.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.