Medical Otology and Neurotology: A Clinical Guide to Auditory and Vestibular Disorders
- List Price:
- Buy New: $114.75
as of 12/10/2013 13:51 EST details
- You Save: $15.24 (12%)
- Sales Rank:2,387,773
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:1st edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.7
- Dimensions (in):0.6 x 8.5 x 11.1
- Publication Date:June 2, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This timely book reflects trends in managing patients with inner ear disease through medical means rather than through surgical treatment. Covering the clinical applications of cutting-edge research, including regenerative medicine for inner ear disease, inner ear perfusion treatments, vestibular rehabilitation for balance retraining, and the use of cochlear implants, this text keeps you abreast of the latest advances and information in the field. You will learn how to diagnose and manage peripheral auditory and vestibular disorders, central vestibular disorders, disorders of the facial nerve, and more. The authors offer insights into the genetics of hearing loss and immune-mediated inner ear disease that help illuminate the underlying principles needed to understand, diagnose and treat dysfunction.
- Reviews the fundamental concepts, evaluation and management techniques of inner ear disease and disorders including tinnitus and dysfunction of the Eustachian tube
- Presents different treatment options based on underlying disease as opposed to symptomatic treatments
- Discusses the audiometric, vestibular, and laboratory tests that guide the clinician through the early stages of patient care
- Covers the recent advances in inner ear fluids dynamics and the genetics of hearing loss to provide a more complete understanding of disease and dysfunction
Clinicians in the early stages of their careers as well as experts in the field will find the book an excellent reference for clinical and rehabilitation management, as well as for knowledge in the basic and advanced auditory and vestibular sciences and medicine.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.