General William Booth Enters into Heaven and Other Poems
- List Price:
- Buy New: $24.61
as of 8/20/2014 10:29 EDT details
- You Save: $3.34 (12%)
- Seller:Secondsource Books Inc.
- Sales Rank:13,842,476
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.9
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 5.9 x 8.9
- Publication Date:December 1, 2002
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
In 1913, after several years of tramping about the country and writing poetry, Lindsay published "General William Booth Enters into Heaven," in the fourth issue of Poetry. The poem, a tribute to the founder of the Salvation Army, brought him instant fame. The Review of Reviews praised it as "perhaps the most remarkable poem of a decade." In his column for Harper's, William Dean Howells called it a "fine brave poem."
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.