Developed by the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases in conjunction with the CDC, the FDA, and other leading institutions with contributions from hundreds of physicians nationwide, the newly revised and updated 2012 Red Book continues the tradition of excellence with the latest findings and clinical recommendations on the manifestations, etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of more than 200 childhood conditions.
Updated information and recommendations include:
- Standardized approach to disease prevention through immunizations, antimicrobial prophylaxis, and infection control practices have been updated throughout
- 2012 childhood and adolescent immunization schedules added
- Updated information on hypersensitivity reactions after immunizations
- The latest on sexually transmitted infections in adolescents and children
- Updated information on hepatitis A and B
- New chapter on dengue
- Updated section on drugs for parasitic infections
- Significantly revised chapters on herpes simplex and HIV infection
- And much more!