Beerspit Night and Cursing : the Correspondence of Charles Bukowski and Sheri Martinelli, 1960-1967
- List Price:
- Buy New: $8.71
as of 7/26/2014 05:33 EDT details
- You Save: $8.29 (49%)
- Seller:TOTAL BOOKS
- Sales Rank:566,623
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.3
- Dimensions (in):1.1 x 5.8 x 8.8
- Publication Date:April 2001
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Unmasks the tough, street-smart persona of Charles Bukowski—America's "Ultimate Outsider"
- Amazing letters filled with passionate, literary, and personal observation
- Insights into the author of Tales of Ordinary Madness, Notes of a Dirty Old Man, and Run with the Hunted
- Insights into Sheri Martinelli: the protege of Anais Nin, an accomplished painter, and the mistress of Ezra Pound Charels Bukowski's persona as the Dirty Old Man of American Literature is just that: a persona, a mask beneath which there was a man better read and more cultured than most people realize.
Sheri Martinelli was one of the favored few for whom Bukowski dropped the mask and engaged in serious discussion of literature and art, and for that reason the discovery and publication of his letters to her give us a more complete picture of this complicated man.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.