Life Planning for Adults with Developmental Disabilities: A Guide for Parents and Family Members
- List Price:
- Buy New: $19.75
as of 7/14/2014 05:43 EDT details
- You Save: $0.20 (1%)
- Sales Rank:1,203,810
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 7 x 9.8
- Publication Date:May 1, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
A Comprehensive Guide for Parents and Caregivers
As any parent or caregiver of an individual with developmental disabilities can tell you, planning for the future of an adult with intellectual disabilities, Cerebral Palsy, severe autism, or another such condition requires hard work and good advice. While complete independence and self-reliance is out of reach for many adults with developmental disabilities, a productive, stable, and enjoyable life is certainly possible. But government and private support for parents and disabled individuals is scattered and difficult to negotiate. This book is a comprehensive guide to resources you can use to help an adult child or other individual with developmental disabilities for whom you care.
The book begins by assessing the quality of life of the adult with a disability. It offers a wealth of suggestions for making that person's life even better. The book then focuses on long-term planning for the individual with a disability and helps answer the question, Who will take care of my child after I'm gone?
- Learn effective ways to: Assess a disabled individual's strengths and need for support services
- Develop a plan to for building a busy and productive life
- Locate good housing and employment opportunities
- Gather a supportive team of caregivers Advocate for a disabled individual with community agencies
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.