Naturally Curious: A Photographic Field Guide and Month-By-Month Journey Through the Fields, Woods, and Marshes of New England
- List Price:
- Buy New: $22.98
as of 11/27/2014 19:59 EST details
- You Save: $16.97 (42%)
- Sales Rank:161,647
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Color:One Color
- Number Of Items:1
- Size:One Size
- Shipping Weight (lbs):2.6
- Dimensions (in):7.4 x 1.1 x 8.9
- Publication Date:October 15, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Month by month through New England's seasons including full-color photographs. Begins with March and its early stirrings of life after a long, cold winter, and ends in February, as survival becomes the sole force of all plants and creatures. Follow Holland in sun, rain, and snow...along roadsides and riverbanks...above burrows and under treetop nesting sites.
- Unmatched visual display of the many exciting and varied �worlds� of the Northeast explode upon the page in full-color photographs. Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 7.4 x 1.2 in.. Paperback; 496 pages.
- Published by Trafalgar Square; 2010.
- Includes hundreds of fascinating �Nature Notes,� bite-size nuggets of fact-based information detail a species actions in a particular month�whether courting, breeding, singing, burrowing, migrating, or caching food. Includes lists of the amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, insects, and arachnids, and plants and fungi you might expect to see or hear from as the weeks go by. Each month includes specially chosen essays: Holland gets up close and personal with New England plant and animal life,
2011 National Outdoor Book Award for Nature Guidebook Are you ready for a black fly bite to get graphic, for a barred owl's call to take on new meaning, and for the life cycle of the eastern newt to suddenly seem complex, beautiful, and intricately bound to the subtle patterns of mysterious underwater landscapes and damp forest floors? Naturalist Mary Holland's new book Naturally Curious promises a walk in the woods will never be the same. Holland leads you through the New England seasons out-of-doors—through the sun, rain, and snow; along roadsides and wetlands; above underground burrows and under treetop nesting sites. With just a turn of the page you'll suddenly know more about the creatures that frequent your backyard or the pond you visit every summer than you ever thought possible. Naturally Curious perfectly melds practical field guide with informal nature literature, providing you the remarkable opportunity to sit back, relax, and learn something fascinating about the natural world around you.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.