Lineup for Yesterday
- Buy New: $11.10 (On sale from $19.99)
as of 8/21/2014 12:31 EDT details
- You Save: $8.89 (44%)
- Seller:Bookworm.com (Quidsi Retail, an Amazon company)
- Sales Rank:228,938
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Age:6 - 8 years
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.4
- Dimensions (in):9.8 x 11.3 x 0.6
- Publication Date:August 24, 2011
Availability:Usually ships in 24 hours
- Used Book in Good Condition
In 1949, SPORT magazine published Lineup for Yesterday, a collection of poems by Ogden Nash celebrating the greatest big-league baseball players of the 1800s and early 1900s. Using an alphabetical approach, the famous wordsmith paid entertaining tribute to 24 legends of the diamond, encapsulating each in just 4 clever lines. Creative Editions is proud to present this masterpiece to a new generation of fans, reintroducing icons from the formative years of professional baseball. The masterful mixed-media illustrations of C. F. Payne portray these heroes of summer in their athletic primes in this, the first-ever picture book publication of Nash's classic.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.