Women and Public Policy: A Revolution In Progress, 3rd Edition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $49.78
as of 12/24/2014 23:42 EST details
- You Save: $0.22
- Sales Rank:415,193
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.8
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 6 x 8.5
- Publication Date:December 6, 2004
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
In a much-anticipated revision, the third edition of this widely used volume continues to track the impact of cultural change on women`s roles and the public policies that affect their lives. Women and Public Policy places a broad range of policy issues--from education and health care to economic equity and the criminal justice system--in historical context, discusses the formation and implementation of current policy, and explores public policy silences. In addition to featuring and analyzing new data, this third edition:
- highlights issues of race, class, age, and ethnicity, showing how they intersect with gender in crucial ways.
- includes greatly expanded coverage of reproductive issues with a new chapter devoted to the topic, looking comprehensively at contraception and abortion, the international gag rule, RU-486, the morning after pill, later-term abortion developments, and reproductive technologies.
- showcases recent developments in all policy areas, from the impact of welfare reform on educational opportunities and child support enforcement to a discussion of Medicare and prescription drug coverage.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.