Understanding Newborn Behavior and Early Relationships: The Newborn Behavioral Observations (NBO) System Handbook
- List Price:
- Buy New: $46.11
as of 9/30/2014 14:36 EDT details
- You Save: $11.84 (20%)
- Sales Rank:283,352
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):14200
- Dimensions (in):9.9 x 7.1 x 0.5
- Publication Date:June 6, 2007
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Giving babies a â€œvoiceâ€ helps parents understand their babyâ€™s unique strengths and needs. This observational tool and handbook, complete with beautiful four-color photographs by a Pulitzer prize-winning photographer, gives professionals a systematic way to help parents respond with confidence to their babyâ€™s individual needs—and build positive parent–professional relationships in the process. Flexible, easy to integrate into everyday practice, and based on more than 25 years of research, this system includes
- A short, easy-to-use, interactive observational tool. With the Newborn Behavioral Observations (NBO) system, professionals will have a structured set of 18 observations for infants from birth to approximately 3 months. Including parents as partners, professionals guide the observation, discuss the babyâ€™s abilities and behaviors with parents, encourage parent insights and questions, and suggest specific ways to support the childâ€™s development. (Appropriate use of the NBO tool in clinical practice requires training through the NBO training program.)
- A complete guide to the NBO system. Through realistic case studies, step-by-step how-to instructions, and color photos illustrating each NBO item, professionals will understand how to use the NBO effectively with a wide variety of families.
- Invaluable professional guidance. More than a tool, the handbook helps professionals improve their daily work with in-depth information on infant and parent development, cultural competence, premature and at-risk infants, family–centered care, and more.
An essential resource from the co-author of the highly regarded Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scale (NBAS) and his colleagues, this system is just what clinicians in hospital, clinic, or home settings need to help new mothers and fathers get to know their baby, increase their confidence and competence as parents, and support their childâ€™s growth and development.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.