Book Chapter-by-Chapter Study Guide & Analysis: Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln (Summary)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $4.35
as of 11/26/2014 16:57 EST details
- You Save: $2.60 (37%)
- Seller:Wordery USA
- Sales Rank:432,633
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.2
- Dimensions (in):5 x 0.1 x 8
- Publication Date:June 28, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
WARNING: This is not the actual book Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Do not buy this Summary, Review & Analysis if you are looking for a full copy of this great book.
Instead, we have already read Team of Rivals and have pulled out some of the best insights and key events of the book to give you a comprehensive, chapter-by-chapter analysis and summary. Our limited amount of space prevents us from providing you with all of the important events and interesting information packed into Doris Kearns Goodwin’s incredible book. To receive the full scope of this fascinating historical story, you should order the complete book.
Packaged together in an engaging format, this concise summary best serves as an unofficial study guide and companion to read alongside Team of Rivals.
TEAM OF RIVALS: THE POLITICAL GENIUS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN -- DORIS KEARNS GOODWIN
Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin travels back in time and reaches into the mind of one who many historians rate as America’s greatest president. Follow the thoughts and ideas of this great man from the Republican nomination contest in 1860 all the way to his devastating assassination just five years later.
You might be surprised to find out that Abraham Lincoln was actually considered the underdog in the presidential election right from the start. Few even expected him to win the Republican nomination. In this summary and analysis, you will also learn:
• Abraham Lincoln faced a variety of obstacles in his rise to the presidency. His upbringing and background drastically differed from those of his opponents in the Presidential race. Discover how he overcame numerous obstacles to rise to the esteemed title of President of the United States.
• Lincoln served only one term in Congress more than ten years before receiving the Republican Party’s nomination. Follow his political career and learn about the personal struggles he faced during this time.
• Throughout the turbulent 1850s, Lincoln devoted himself to the anti-slavery movement as the Republican Party was formed. Travel back in time and delve into the thoughts and ideas that formed one of the most recognized movements in Lincoln’s Presidency.
• The press played an important role in the 1860 Presidential election. Learn how Abraham Lincoln won over even his adversaries to receive positive promotion from the press. Without the positive press coverage, Lincoln may never have made it to the White House.
• Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address has become a fixture in history books across the nation. Follow the thought process behind the creation of this great speech and the events that occurred after.
All this and much more!
FROM START-TO-FINISH IN JUST 20 MINUTES!
Here's your chapter-by-chapter guide to Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln that you can start and finish right now!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.