The Heart of Buddhist Wisdom: Plain English Translations of the Heart Sutra, the Diamond-Cutter Sutra, and other Perfection of Wisdom Texts
- List Price:
- Buy New: $11.92
as of 3/17/2014 11:39 EDT details
- You Save: $4.03 (25%)
- Sales Rank:551,731
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.7
- Dimensions (in):0.5 x 5.9 x 8.9
- Publication Date:October 9, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The most famous texts in Mahayana Buddhism are the Heart Sutra and the Diamond-Cutter Sutra. They are part of the Perfection of Wisdom (Prajna-Paramita) tradition. Presented here are plain English translations of those two sutras and more.
In addition to notes to each of these translations, there are separate essays on the Perfection of Wisdom philosophy:
- Verses on the Collection of the Highest Qualities (the earliest Prajna-Paramita text),
- An abridgement of the entire Perfection of Wisdom in 8,000 Lines (the central Prajna-Paramita text),
- Selections from the Large Sutra on the Perfection of Wisdom,
- The Perfection of Wisdom in 700 Lines,
- The Heart Sutra,
- The Diamond-Cutter Sutra.
- The Philosophy of the Perfection of Wisdom
- Logic and Paradox: An Excursion into Nonsense?
- The Heart Sutra: "Form is Emptiness"
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.