Health Assessment in Nursing
- List Price:
- Buy New: $57.25
as of 7/28/2014 10:58 EDT details
- You Save: $54.74 (49%)
- Sales Rank:13,801
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):4.8
- Dimensions (in):11.2 x 8.7 x 1.4
- Publication Date:October 4, 2013
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Innovative, systematic, and easy to understand, Health Assessment in Nursing has already helped thousands of RN-level students develop the comprehensive knowledge base and expert nursing assessment skills necessary for accurate collection of client data.
In this revised Fifth Edition, the authors provide in-depth, accurate information, a compelling Continuing Case Study that covers every step in the assessment process, a focus on diversity and health assessment through the lifespan, a striking photo and illustration program that includes photos of practicing registered nurses and nurse practitioners performing assessments, dynamic online video clips and animations, and much more.
Using this book you’ll have everything at your fingertips to master the knowledge and assessment skills you’ll need in your nursing career.
- Master the “how-to’s” of conducting a nursing assessment through the real world Continuing Case Study in every chapter that introduces a client with a health concern, guides you through investigation of symptoms using the COLDSPA mnemonic, and demonstrates a physical assessment, proper documentation techniques, diagnostic reasoning, and appropriate nursing conclusions.
- Access an easy-to-understand tool for data collection with the Collecting Subjective Data: Nursing Health History table, which presents Information in two columns: Questions that you will ask the client and Rationales explaining why the questions are important.
- Master every aspect of the physical examination through the Collecting Objective Data: Physical Examination table, which illustrates physical examination procedures in a step-by-step fashion across three columns: Assessment Procedure (which explains and illustrates exactly how to perform specific aspects of the examination), Normal Findings, and Abnormal Findings.
- Identify important distinctions
through hundreds of photos exhibited in the Abnormal Findings displays.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.