The Everything Economics Book: From theory to practice, your complete guide to understanding economics today
- List Price:
- Buy New: $7.85 (On sale from $16.94)
as of 1/28/2015 20:14 EST details
- You Save: $9.09 (54%)
- Seller:F+W Media
- Sales Rank:285,545
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.2
- Dimensions (in):8 x 0.7 x 9.3
- Publication Date:September 18, 2010
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Dismal Science. The Worldly Philosophy. The Science of Scarcity. Most people think economics is one of the most challenging and complex fields of study. But with this book, it doesn't have to be! You will learn how the U.S. economy works in unbiased, easy-to-understand language. And you can learn it without the complex equations, arcane graphs, and technical jargon you'll find in most economic texts.
David A. Mayer and Melanie E. Fox explain:
- Why and how we trade
- How the government intervenes in markets
- Unemployment and inflation
- Supply and demand
- Competitive, financial, and foreign exchange markets
- How the economy is measured
You will also learn about the causes and fallout of the recent recession and how global climate change may transform the way our economy operates. Most important, with this introduction, you'll learn how our complex and dynamic economy affects the way we actually live our lives.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.