Dosage Calculations, 9th edition
- List Price:
- Buy New: $74.00
as of 7/28/2014 11:05 EDT details
- You Save: $21.95 (23%)
- Seller:Mr. Washburn
- Sales Rank:3,815
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):3
- Dimensions (in):10.7 x 8.4 x 1.2
- Publication Date:January 1, 2012
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- The online tutorial includes practice questions corresponding to each chapter in the book, self-evaluation pre-tests and post-tests, a drop-down calculator (as used on the computerized NCLEX exam), interactive syringe activities, glossary, case study exercises, and medication administration videos.
- SIMPLIFIED THREE-STEP APPROACH: Readers quickly adopt and build on Pickar's convenient three-step process for calculating dosages: 1) Convert, 2) Think, and 3) Calculate!
- RELIABLE ERROR PREVENTION: Substantial coverage of Medication Error Prevention includes up-to-date regulations on medication abbreviations, new medication administration technologies, and safe medication practices. Only approved Joint Commission and I.S.M.P. abbreviations are used throughout to ensure safe and current use of standardized terminology.
- INTRODUCTORY "MULTIPLE METHODS": Overviews of alternative dosage calculation methods include Dimensional Analysis and Ratio-Proportion, making DOSAGE CALCULATIONS, 9th Edition a comprehensive resource for dosage calculations content.
- CAPTIVATING IMAGES AND FEATURES: Color photos of actual medication labels and full-size syringes add realistic dimension to the readings, while practice software with tutorials, animations, and more than 1,000 extra practice problems help readers test their knowledge of the material.
Best-selling DOSAGE CALCULATIONS, 9th Edition features the three-step approach to basic and advanced Formula Method calculations that nursing and other health care professionals prefer, along with a reader-friendly writing style and handy "work text" format. In addition to easing readers into the math with a thorough review, the book uses a logic-based process to build confidence and limit anxiety. Featuring full-color images of drug labels, critical thinking assessments, extensive clinical examples, and a host of interactive supplements, including an accompanying online tutorial, DOSAGE CALCULATIONS, 9th Edition provides the skills needed to master dosage calculations in any clinical setting!
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.